[ubuntu-studio-devel] New version of Calf plugins (and a failed ISO build)

Ross Gammon rosco at ubuntustudio.org
Sat Nov 24 19:54:49 UTC 2018

On 11/24/18 8:32 PM, Len Ovens wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Nov 2018, Erich Eickmeyer wrote:
>
>> You all might have notice the "fail mail" we just got for our ISO. This
>> is due to the new version of calf deprecating calf-ladspa per the
>> developer. Ross or Len: Would you mind removing the calf-ladspa package
>> from the seed? I would except, uh... I've never done it. XD
>>
>> That said, I'm very happy to see this progress. 0.90.0 dropped a year
>> ago and was a major change for that package, and 0.90.1 dropped in July
>> as a bugfix. Hopefully this will make the Ardour people happy as well
>> since the old version was messing with compatibility.
>
> The ardour people would be happy if this was released to 16.04 -
> 18.19... don't hold your breath.
>

> --
> Len Ovens
> www.ovenwerks.net

Getting calf backported to Xenial is not likely. I have had backports
waiting for sponsorship for years. Nobody seems interested in backports
anymore.

We could provide it in a ppa, (probably also with a new metapackage),
and advise those interested in using the ppa that lmms will be removed.

Alternatively, we could go for an SRU (Stable Release Update) with the
"Conflicts: calf-ladspa", and the meta package update to drop lmms?
But this is probably harsh for lmms users with calf installed, and might
not get approved by the release team.