[ubuntu-studio-devel] New GRUB Theme! And, progress reports anyone?

Ross Gammon rosco at ubuntustudio.org
Tue Nov 6 16:35:44 UTC 2018

On 11/6/18 4:20 AM, erich at ericheickmeyer.com wrote:
> Hi all,

<snip>

> Anyhow, looks like the new GRUB theme, if it works well, would be my
> first major package contribution to Ubuntu! Kinda nice to be able to
> come up with something like that just after being made an official
> Ubuntu member!

Congratulations! I was lurking on IRC for the Membership Board meeting.
But you didn't need any support.

> While we're at it, would anybody be able to tell me what they're
> working on? I know that Len had been working on refining -controls and
> bringing WACOM configuration to it as well. I also know Ross has been
> working on getting our seed converted to GIT. I have no idea what
> anybody else has been working on.
>
> I, for one, have been working on getting Carla into Ubuntu, and I'm
> working with FalkTX on getting the WINE bridges to compile, which has
> been a pain.

The seeds are waiting for a sponsor. I made a mistake and the sponsor
asked me to fix it - which I have.

My next task will be to continue working on an update to calf-plugins in
Debian.

I am in the process of building a new PC so I can play with more things
(e.g. grub) without worrying about breaking my working machine. Then I
will start looking at your work towards desktop agnostics.

Ross