[ubuntu-studio-devel] [off-topic] Problems installing 18.10

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Nov 4 12:28:41 UTC 2018

>On 10/31/18 1:02 PM, Mike Squires wrote:
>> will try to migrate them to a MS Windows 7 VM soon

I migrated from a XP guest to a Windows 7 guest, because the software I
need isn't supported for XP anymore. Since we don't know how long the
needed software will be supported for Windows 7, consider to test wine
or wine-staging. Unfortunately some software can't be used as VM guest
and other software can't be used under wine. I need software that
doesn't work as a VM guest, it's GR-55FloorBoard, to edit my guitar
synth. It has got a Linux port, but it's unusable. If you didn't
already tested wine and wine-staging, consider to test it.