[ubuntu-studio-devel] Considerations from a video and photo editing perspective.

erich at ericheickmeyer.com erich at ericheickmeyer.com
Thu May 17 14:45:44 UTC 2018

On Thu, 2018-05-17 at 07:15 -0700, Charlie wrote:
> I think adding Plasma's a great step because I use Kubuntu as well as
> Ubuntu Studio. I'm very pleased with this announcement and look
> forward to 18.10. While I do like xfce for it's low resource use, I
> love Plasma. Excellent choice for a DE

These days, Xfce and Plasma have comparable resource usage out of the
box, believe it or not. I saw a recent comparison, but have forgotten
where I saw it, but Plasma only squeaked out with slightly more
resource usage by a few MB. Means one or both of two things: Plasma is
more lightweight now and/or Xfce is heavier than in the past. If I can
find that comparison, I'll post it.

> Will there be a separate .iso for the plasma version?

We're looking into that.

BTW, welcome to the team! Could you link us to your launchpad ID?

Erich