[ubuntu-studio-devel] hey

erich at ericheickmeyer.com erich at ericheickmeyer.com
Wed May 16 20:20:34 UTC 2018

On Wed, 2018-05-16 at 12:36 -0700, Charlie wrote:
> hey everyone! i recently read the news on the website and I'm ready
> to jump in and help out however I can. I'm going back to school for
> software development this fall and  I'll be learning a lot and I want
> to help save my beloved OS. Right now, I can offer testing, maybe
> some documentation, and definitely some artwork or something like
> that. And I'm ready to start learning how to do things, even coding.
> Let's do this!
>
> Charlie 'metalbiker' Luna

Hi Charlie! Welcome! Glad to have you!

I hate to make you jump through hoops, but the first thing you'll need
to do, if you haven't already, is get a launchpad account set-up. This
will help in multiple ways as it allows us to add you to teams and
such. Get started with that at launchpad.net.

That's just the first thing. There's more, but alas, I'm at my regular
job right now and am unable to get everything to you that you'll need.
If you haven't already, feel free to jump into the #ubuntustudio-devel
channel on the FreeNode IRC network.

Also, our weekly development meetings take place every Saturday at
19:00 UTC - except this Saturday for multiple reasons. You're welcome
to join us.

Since you offered, where we really need help is with documentation.
SlidingHorn on IRC could definitely use some help with that.

Anyhow, thanks for volunteering, and welcome!
-Erich