[ubuntu-studio-devel] De testing

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Sun May 6 16:46:51 UTC 2018

So budgie will probably not work for us. Cinamon also has issues That
would be hard to overcome. I have pretty much decided that while tilix
has some nice features... I don't find myself using them and the way it
deals with the window decoration doesn't allow the theme to do it's work.
In general it seems cinnamon does not deal well with themes other than
it's own. I found mate easier to use and set up. I also find MATE is
better at using standards. I think in the end we will be choosing between
MATE, plasma and xfce (or replacing whatever panel with xfce's  ;)

I will look at lxqt, but expect that at this point it is not yet mature
enough for our use.

Applications that do away with system theming should die in my opinion,
Theming is not just a looks thing, it is a part of the workflow too. Being
able to change the theme is important. Having all applications use the
theme is important, at least for such things at window decorations. Aside
from that, even in the looks department, having one application do it's
own thing makes the desktop look disjointed and unprofessional.

www.ovenwerks.net