[ubuntu-studio-devel] Agenda for 2018-05-05/themes

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun May 6 06:46:10 UTC 2018

On Sun, 06 May 2018 03:55:21 +0000, lukefromdc at hushmail.com wrote:
>You mentioned getting a dark theme to work well and keep working well.
>My modded and ported version of the old UbuntuStudio theme works very
>well for what I use it for (because I myself ensure it does), but last
>time I tried the "refactoring" branch of Kdenlive a whole section did
>not work even though it was in beta and the them normally works with
>qt5ctl so long as the gtk2 compatability module is installed (had to
>locally compile that a few times).

Since we are musicians we sometimes need software that isn't available
by official repositories. The Linux binary from
https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/ doesn't use qt5ct
plugin, it requires to build it from source, since qt5ct at least for
me was required to get rid of a font issue. The svn repository isn't
updated, it's needed to use the source from the file section. Actually I
experienced the Linux version as way to unstable and ended up
installing the Windows version using wine, however, theoretically other
and this Qt software not available by official repositories, could work
with Linux and might be very useful for musician.