[ubuntu-studio-devel] Budgie

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Sun May 6 00:34:15 UTC 2018

I have installed and tried budgie. It takes some getting used to but seems
to be based on gnome (3? I guess)

Pro:
 	has a menu
 	everything seems to work
 	the terminal has some nice features

con:
 	menu does not deal with sub menus well, It shows everthing as a
 		first level submenu which is kind of messy.
 	menu directories do not use icons
 	settings are hard to find for many things
 	to set some things requires installing gnome-tweaks
 	themes are hard to set or find setting for
 	the terminal by default blocks many keystrokes
 	Comes with 4 workspaces but no way of switching

There is no reason a user shouldn't use this DE with Studio but I do not
think it should be default.

www.ovenwerks.net