[ubuntu-studio-devel] hello

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Fri Jun 15 15:35:03 UTC 2018

On Fri, 15 Jun 2018, Jonathan Aquilina wrote:

> I am interested but a bit rusty on python. i would need to setup a VM
> with studio on it. Already have launch pad account sorted :) as well.

I have found that so long as you are running ubuntu or debian with
reasonably recent python and systemd, development can be done in whatever
your main os is. I wrote most of -controls in 16.04 and am finishing it
off in 18.04.... and testing in 18.10 only when needed. I would think
developing in a vm would be less than ideal because of the extra packages
needed just to set up a reasonable dev environment.

Having said that, if you are used to working in a VM, you likely have
taken care of all those needs already... and I am just full of fluff :)

www.ovenwerks.net