[ubuntu-studio-devel] hello

Erich Eickmeyer erich at ericheickmeyer.com
Fri Jun 15 05:23:33 UTC 2018

On 6/14/2018 2:13 PM, Alex Martz wrote:
> I'm Alex from MX, I'm a musician that uses ubuntu studio to produce
> music, video and some kind of graphical items, in the other life, day
> life I mean, I    work in the IT bussisnes as oracle DBA and project
> admin, I wanna colaborate please let me know how can I help.
> Documentation is complicated because my native language is spanish, but
> in the other issues could  help you.
>
> Greetings!

Hi Alex!

I just got home from a very busy day at work. Thanks for taking the time
to subscribe to the -devel list!

How are you at programming? We could use some help with package
development in a couple places. For instance, I have been (albiet
slowly) working on a rebrand of ubuntu-mate-welcome as
ubuntustudio-welcome and software-boutique as ubuntustudio-boutiqe. They
can be found at
https://code.launchpad.net/~eeickmeyer/ubuntustudio/+git/ubuntustudio-welcome
and
https://code.launchpad.net/~eeickmeyer/ubuntustudio/+git/ubuntustudio-boutique
respectively. If you have any programming experience, I could definitely
use some help.

The first thing you'll need to do for that is create an account on
Launchpad (where the code is hosted) and then we can add you to our
development team.

Also, if you use Facebook, I'm finding most of the posts to our Facebook
group seem to be from our spanish-speaking users, so feel free to add
yourself there and help with answering questions if you can.

Another idea is if you'd like, while the #ubuntustudio IRC channel is
for english-based help, there is #ubuntu-es which we redirect our
spanish-speaking users to when they need help. Monitoring that channel
and helping when you can would be a great addition.

Also, especially as we get closer to release dates, testing is a huge
thing that has to be done, and while most of us chip-in, the more people
we have the better.

So, feel free to reply and let us know what would be a good fit for you. :)

Erich