[ubuntu-studio-devel] Saturday's Meeting (June 2, 2018)

Erich Eickmeyer erich at ericheickmeyer.com
Mon Jun 4 00:43:45 UTC 2018

Hey Ross! I know you just saw the emails, but I'll get you up-to-speed
with a TL;DR version.

I'm so glad you're back! Right now, Len is working on -controls and
-plasma (when -controls is ready), I'm working on -welcome and
-software-boutique. Eylul and Ryan (SlidingHorn) were working on
(finally) getting the new website theme loaded, but hit a number of
roadblocks, namely upload permissions to the website's server. Ryan,
Charlie (hangar18), and now Pete are our Documentation team. Ryan, has
already been part of the wiki team, so he's been stepping-in to lead
that charge.

I have the feeling that we're going to get a lot of wallpaper
submissions this time around, so a contest has been proposed with people
voting on which ones they like. I saw that this had been done in the
past, so I think it would be imperative with all the creativity flowing.
Eylul made one (I think?), I got a handful from Karl Schneider, and
Charlie has mentioned he'd like to submit some. That said, it would be a
great way to get the community involved and showcase what people are
doing with Ubuntu Studio.

Anyhow, I know you just read your eyeballs out at my ramblings. Let me
know if you need anything. :)

Erich