[ubuntu-studio-devel] Introducing the potential new Ubuntu Studio Council

Thomas Pfundt captain-tux at protonmail.ch
Sun Feb 25 15:12:58 UTC 2018

Hi Ross and Jonathan, hi all others,

I've also decided to join the Council and help where I can. By the looks of it, that would be more on the Documentation/(Testing)/Artwork/PR/Support/Website side of things, though it seems to me that there is some demand in these departments as well, looking at the current team structure.

On February 24, 2018 4:55 PM, Ross Gammon <ubuntustudio at the-gammons.net> wrote:
> Can you let us know your launchpad ID?

My Launchpad-ID is "captain-tux", though I still have to update that account in the near future, probably.

Ross Gammon wrote:
> Can you let us know a little but about yourself (skills, what you have
> done with Ubuntu Studio in the past, and what you might enjoy working on)?

In a nutshell, I am a freelance designer from Germany, graduated a media production course in the Netherlands, got interested in Linux/Ubuntu for security and privacy reasons a few years ago and decided to completely switch from a dual-boot system of Windows for work and vanilla Ubuntu for data-sensitive tasks to Ubuntu Studio around the release of 16.04 and make it work somehow.

I currently do a lot of freelance work in the sense of flyers and magazines, advertisements, self-managed website setups with CMSs and an image film once in a while. Other than that, I've worked on 2D-animations and UIs for games and have a website project with a couple of friends and colleagues for which I do all the graphics, CSS and occasional JS.

I mostly use Inkscape, Photoshop and InDesign in Wine/CrossOver, Sublime Text, Kdenlive and Spriter for video editing and/or small animations, which has worked out very well so far. In my private life, I also play guitar, bass and a little piano (figuratively and literally, in the sense of a small midi-keyboard) and dabble in mixing/production with Jack Winter's Reaper for Linux and osxmidi's LinVst bridge, which has worked great as well so far.

Ross Gammon wrote:
> Feel free to give the 16.04.4 Xenial "point release" a test if you have
> time (see other post).

I will be testing the images on two machines now and document my results while using the system in the next couple of days.

Kind regards,
Thomas