[ubuntu-studio-devel] Meeting Notes from 2018-04-07

Erich Eickmeyer erich at ericheickmeyer.com
Sat Apr 7 20:41:18 UTC 2018

Present: ErichEickmeyer, OvenWorks, eylul, alem, captain-tux_, pmd11
Eylul to look into change or add wallpaper for 18.04
Install-time package selection bug fixed, request for testers.
ubuntustudio-controls to be updated for 18.10 to add the following features:
set cpu governor, turn on/off Intel Boost
choose audio device
run jack from session start (or not)
hotplugging USB mics selecting a non-standard set of outputs for pulse-jack bridging
Using more than one audio device even if internal
bridging ALSA midi to jack midi
a “Safely remove USB Audio Device” button
Future improvements to include tabs for video use or graphics setups.
Change in default DE or adding option of DE being considered for 18.10. Those discussed included
Gnome Shell
KDE Plasma
MATE
Adaptation of Ubuntu MATE welcome app for Ubuntu Studio being considered for 18.10, would replace “ubuntustudio-installer”.

Anyone who can, please install the latest Daily ISO to test the install-time package selection. This is our final push to the RC on April 19th, so we need to find the bugs.

Next meeting will be same time next week.

22:00 EEST/MSK in Helsinki, Moscow, Ankara
21:00 CEST in Stockholm, Berlin, Paris, Madrid
20:00 BST in London
19:00 UTC/GMT
15:00 EDT in New York, Toronto
12:00 PDT in Los Angeles, Vancouver