len at ovenwerks.net
Thu Apr 5 05:32:15 UTC 2018
Finally pushed though my blockage on this after almost a year... turns out
to be a cut and paste error mostly. The GUI can now talk to the daemon.
Things that work:
- correct the rt permisions for Jack or Ardour
- change to Performance mode or not
- turn Intel "Boost" off/on
- detect new USB device and set it up as:
- a jack client
- jack master
- disconnect a hot plugged USB device so the plug can be pulled
- start jackd and pulse bridge from session start
- choose jack ports pulse sees as left and right (instead of 1 and 2)
Things that need work ;)
- pulse connections gone after master jack device change
- Apply audio configuration change restarts jack instead of changing
things that have changed, most things can be changed with jack
running. Connections to audio interfaces could easily be saved and
reconnected as well.
- using more than one hotplug USB device may not work right (I don't have
- adding in stuff from https://github.com/jhernberg/udev-rtirq so that
hot plugged USB devices get higher priority.
- other stuff I haven't thought of... (bugs)
- adding other tabs for video/graphic workflows.
This is my answer to cadence in many ways. the big thing it does that
cadence does not is allow USB mics to just work... That doesn't make it
better than cadence... just a different slant.
More information about the ubuntu-studio-devel