[ubuntu-studio-devel] US still alive !

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Apr 2 22:41:12 UTC 2018

On Mon, 2 Apr 2018 13:22:05 -0700 (PDT), Len Ovens wrote:
>I am picky and don't use qjackctl for anything other the connections
>window. I have my own script that does what I happen to want.

For usage with scripts a good tool is
https://packages.ubuntu.com/artful/aj-snapshot , however at some point
the only way to restore connections, is to manually do them again and
again, since MIDI interfaces sharing the same name, can't be renamed and
cannot be restored by any alsa/jack connection helper. To get jackd
right, I'm using either a DAW such as Ardour or command line/scripts,
I neither recommend to use QjacjCtl nor Cadencefor this purpose.

>Another project that would be great to see added to US is
>https://github.com/jhernberg/udev-rtirq to replace the standard rtirq.

This might be interasting for Erich, Joakim Hernberg is another Arch
Linux user, also not an Ubuntu Studio user.