[ubuntu-studio-devel] Gaining Wiki Edit Permissions

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Apr 2 13:12:39 UTC 2018

I'm a member of the Wiki documentation team, IOW I'm allowed to edit
Wikis, but I can't remember that I ever needed to sign the Ubuntu CoC,
nor that I ever was forced to use any GPG signing. Actually I've got two
accounts, but for testing purpose I logged in by just one of my
accounts. One issue still is, that it could take minutes to log
in and the second issue is, that searching the Ubuntu Wiki for specific
Ubuntu Studio sites is a PITA, it's easier to use Google, but it
requires to log in again and again, IOW to wait for minutes and minutes.

I logged in, some random Ubuntu Wiki sites already turned from
"immutable" to "editable" for me, but now I try to log in to edit
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuStudio/TroubleShooting a site I
already edited, but after pushing "Yes, log me in" and waiting for
minutes I got

"Internal Server Error

unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [no address given] and inform
them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done
that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error
log."

IOW you need to try again and again and again. In the time it requires
to log in, to edit an Ubuntu flavour Wiki, I'm able to edit several
Arch Linux Wiki pages. What do you think I have done within the last
years? Yes, I edited Arch Linux Wikis and ignored Ubuntu Wikis, while a
simple copy and paste would have done the job for an Ubuntu Wiki.

However, after a few minutes of trying to log in again and again, I'm
now allowed to edit it. I wasted minutes to log in and don't have time
anymore to edit the Wiki, however, I edited the Wiki and added a
comment, that actually would belong to a Wiki's discussion, but the
Ubuntu Wiki is missing this feature.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuStudio/TroubleShooting?action=diff&rev2=12&rev1=11

;)

--
pacman -Q linux{,-rt{-securityink,-cornflower,,-pussytoes}}|cut -d\  -f2
4.15.15-1