[ubuntu-studio-devel] Carla

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Mon Oct 2 15:17:06 UTC 2017

On Mon, 2 Oct 2017, Ross Gammon wrote:

> Over the weekend, I started to look at packaging Carla. It has a LONG
> way to go to comply with Debian policy, is missing some functionality
> due to missing dependencies, and it also fails to build on 32bit, but
> you are welcome to install and test my WIP (Work In Progress) here:
> https://launchpad.net/~rosco2/+archive/ubuntu/new

Cool. How does it mess up debian policy? Does it just depend on the wrong
things or is it deeper than that? It is very acceptable not to include
Linux Sampler either as a dep or anything else. In fact if all we get is
the rack that loads plugins and the plugin that loads other plugins, it is
well worth it. Being able to load win-VSTs while nice, is not required for
a first go if we can get it into the repos without.

> I haven't actually tested it myself yet, so don't try it on a machine
> that you depend on.

It is only built for Artful and so while I could boot that up, I can't
test it my normal workflow on 1604. Not that I use Carla or plugins that
require it on a regular basis...  :)

www.ovenwerks.net