[ubuntu-studio-devel] ubuntu-studio-devel Digest, Vol 127, Issue 5

Ross Gammon rosco at ubuntustudio.org
Fri Nov 17 16:11:24 UTC 2017

On 11/16/2017 03:45 PM, Len Ovens wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Nov 2017, Ross Gammon wrote:
>
>> If you are interested in understanding the build process for the Live
>> CDs/DVDs, you can try building them locally. There is some information
>> here (with further links):
>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/SetupLocalIsoBuildServer
>
> I have tried... but I have never gotten an ISO out of the deal. There
> does not seem to be a script that just does it all... well there must be
> because the ISO are built automatically, but the script does not seem to
> be available. Be nice to cd ~/some_directory; make configure --$arc; make
>
> Or something like that.
>
> I should try again though, that looks easier than whatever I tried last
> time.

Well the code seems to be here (link points to the README):
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-cdimage/ubuntu-cdimage/mainline/view/head:/README

As there had been a commit to the repository about the same time as the
failure, I requested a new build - and it built!

According to the buildlog, the build seems to be done in an lxc
container, so it should be possible to do the same locally.

Maybe I will ask on Ubuntu Devel for help to get some simple instructions?

Regards,

Ross