[ubuntu-studio-devel] ubuntustudio-controls

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Fri May 26 00:16:16 UTC 2017

On Thu, 25 May 2017, Ross Gammon wrote:

> I also see that Len has been busy and pushed his latest work:
>
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntustudio-dev/ubuntustudio-controls/trunk/revision/133

Actually up to 140 now... and ready for some testing. I have a few GUI
tweaks but the functionality is where it will get to for now.

> If you want an easy way to try it it, debs can be found here:
>
> https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntustudio-dev/+recipe/ubuntustudio-controls-daily

ubuntustudio-controls pre1.5 (140) is available for testing.

The audio section is mostly complete. Auto connecting hot plugged USB
devices does not work at this time. (meens I have not yet started on it)
The GUI is still getting tweaked... it will be 1/4 (or it is 1/3 bigger
now) smaller tomorrow. Giving full names to the audio devices expanded the GUI
width quite a bit. I am trying to make the GUI easier to understand :/ not
my best thing. I have already added some text to add and remove (Add
(Available) and Remove (Connected))

The Apply button can be either renamed to "Save settings" or it can also
do a jack restart.

Things to try: create a new user and make sure you get a big red warning
when starting -controls as the new user. click the fix button and the
message should change to tell you to logout/in. Logout/in and the red
message should be gone. This should work on another flavour even if jackd
is not installed.

The USB auto connect will be interesting, but I need to do some work on
autojack first so it responds to:
autojack start/restart/stop/reconfigure

www.ovenwerks.net