[ubuntu-studio-devel] Coming Zesty Milestones

Ross Gammon rosco at ubuntustudio.org
Fri Mar 3 06:49:35 UTC 2017

Hi All,

A quick update on this. With the help & sponsorship of Jeremy Bicha, we
have just got ubuntustudio-meta & ubuntustudio-default-settings uploaded
for Zesty.

On 02/17/2017 09:45 PM, Len Ovens wrote:

> I should look :). I think go back one commit to revision 128 and
> release will give access to the cpu governor with minimal changes to
> GUI. Revision 129 is experiment and a work in progress not ready to
> release by any means. The short story is the system access model as
> used now will not scale to do audio setup. The GUI can not run as root
> and deal with jack, pulse, etc. in userland. I have started work on
> moving the GUI to userland (where policykit suggests it should be
> anyway) and having it call a system process to do the few system
> things like real time repair and CPU Governor.
>
> Ross, if you can move -controls back a revision and release for us
> that would be wonderful as my local version of -controls is a long way
> from being anything like able to make fixes with. let me know if you
> can't.

I had to manually revert back to revision 128 after battling with bzr
and losing. (I would be glad if we could move our repos to git!). I
tested in a ppa last night, and us-controls was crashing. Looks like
something wrong with glade. It is possible I £$%^&ed up the manual
reversion and forgot an xml tag or something. I will take a look again
over the weekend, but if someone else spots the error first I would be
grateful, as I have to work one day this weekend.

In any case, we are past the date for the Feature Freeze, so technically
we will require approval from the Release Team in the form of a freeze
exception - which I can't imagine they would block.

Cheers,

Ross