[ubuntu-studio-devel] Audio

eylul eylul at ubuntustudio.org
Sun Jan 15 19:16:40 UTC 2017

I'd rather not call inexperienced users, or people who don't have a lot
of time to go read "lazy". They are users all the same. Not everybody
has to become experts.

Anyway the solution for such users is profiles (from your suggestion we
will have 2 or 3). Ideally a beginner user will not have to create or
modify their setup at all.

This next level of complexity is for users who need a little bit more
customization due to their specific hardware or simply use cases we
haven't thought of, yet doing so without having to go to scripting and
still with tools to easily make decision. It is also a good place to
start understanding the underlying structure for the user who wants to
learn more.

In terms of commercial solutions UIs you are referring to, can you
clarify which products you are thinking of? or if possible at all
screenshots would be helpful. While we don't want to copy verbatim
design solutions, it is helpful to know what people switching from
industry standard commercial software to ubuntustudio would expect to find.

Best

Eylul