[ubuntu-studio-devel] Ubuntu Studio 16.04.2 Release Testing

Ross Gammon ubuntustudio at the-gammons.net
Thu Feb 9 16:28:49 UTC 2017

Hi All,

On 01/18/2017 07:18 PM, Ross Gammon wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> The 2nd point release of Ubuntu Studio Xenial (16.04.2) is planned for
> Thursday the 2nd February.
>
> At that time we will need to test the ISO images to make sure that the
> images work, and can be installed without error.
>
> If you would like to help out (and it is your first time), you could
> get prepared by clicking on the link at
> http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/351/builds to download
> the latest Xenial "daily" build. There are instructions on the
> download page for how to use zsync to update the ISO image when
> testing eventually starts.
>
> There are also links to instructions at the top of the page (linked
> above) about how to do the test and report bugs. Please read these
> ahead of time so you are ready on the day.
>
> You can also ask here or on IRC for help.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ross

Apologies for not giving an update on this. Apparently, there have been
a few issues sorting this release out, and I had been waiting for an
update on the Release Team list.

Anyway, the images are available for testing now:
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/372/builds

It is unlikely the release will occur tonight. It might be tomorrow, or
on Monday. But please, if you would like to have a go, then download the
16.04.2 images (or do a zsync of a previously downloaded image) and
begin testing.

Cheers,

Ross