[ubuntu-studio-devel] debian package for Krita

eylul eylul at ubuntustudio.org
Wed Nov 2 14:07:29 UTC 2016

so we have a Krita problem.

There is an individual krita package (version 3) stuck in debian for
over a month now, that is already one (soon to be two) versions out of
date.

https://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html

Calligra package has an ancient version of (2.9.1.1) Krita

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/calligra

Following question is for Ross especially, but also anybody else
familiar with debian:

Is there any contact on debian side we can reach out to, to help get the
package approved?

I am willing to go to IRC/emails and try to ask people in random until I
hit somebody who can point us in right direction, but asking here first,
just in case, we have some established communication line.

I assume the chance of calligra package updating is less likely, but we
could still file a bug.

Either way I also plan to contact the maintainer of the package with a
thanks and reaching out to see if there is anything we can do for them,
etc so that we have krita 3.1 (which is probably coming at the end of
November)  in time for zesty.

I'll give 24-48 hours to this email then start working unless anybody
has any objections to these actions.

Best

Eylul