[ubuntu-studio-devel] Would Ubuntu Studio Team be Interested in Partnering with New England Conservatory?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun May 29 13:18:47 UTC 2016

On Sun, 29 May 2016 15:15:47 +0300, autumna wrote:
>Unlike a nestle soundfont where somebody else would be creating the
>soundfont, the New England conservatory would be actually making the
>said soundfont.

I mentioned the monsanto-sound-font and nestle-sound-font regarding a
discrepancy with the humanist philosophy of Ubuntu.

http://www.sigwatch.com/ isn't the measure of all things, anyway, number
2 is Monsanto and number 5 is Nestle. Apart from this chart show, many
people most likely consider those two companies to some of the
most dangerous criminals on this planet, especial regarding crimes
against humanity, ethics.

There unlikely is such a discrepancy with the New England conservatory,
but at some point any cooperation with for-profit organisations becomes
borderline. However, if they should provide a sound-font, unlikely
anybody would be against including it to a repository, if it fits to
the Debian/Ubuntu Creative Commons requirements and the sound font
should provide useful sounds. Hence my question, if somebody from this
conservatory already could provide such a sound font.