[ubuntu-studio-devel] Would Ubuntu Studio Team be Interested in Partnering with New England Conservatory?

brian at linuxsynths.com brian at linuxsynths.com
Sun May 29 09:54:02 UTC 2016

I found a couple useful resources for Soundfont files at
LinuxMusicians here. (If this is the kind of thing you're looking for)

Samples-to-SFZ [1]

Hth..!

brian

Hallstrom wrote:

>> FOSS and GNU/Linux is forged in a quite new and
ground-breaking vision of how copyright should operate. I'm underlining
this because how you let them

>>> * Having their name on
something
>> could have very counter productive effects on your plan, or
make it plain incompatible with FOSS on a legal level.

> Copyright
could mean Creative Commons copyright licenses. I didn't
> reply on
Friday, but read the OP's mail and read both, the Debian and
> Ubuntu
policies regarding creative commons requirements, for e.g. sound

fonts. The copyright shouldn't be an issue, if just the name should be

mentioned, e.g. new-england-conservatory-sound-font. Camouflaged

advertising might be an issue or at least ethical aspects could be
problem, I doubt that monsanto-sound-font or nestle-sound-font are

wanted, but a new-england-conservatory-sound-font might be ok.

However, is there such a sound font already available?

> Data bases
with sounds could be helpful, but there are already several
> data bases
with needed sounds available and nobody has the time to make
> a sound
font from the available sounds.

> I'm not an Ubuntu (Studio) team
member, just interested in sharing
> help, software, whatsoever ...

Has anybody ever made a sound font? If so, what software did you use

to make the sound font?

> Regards,
> Ralf

Links: