[ubuntu-studio-devel] package proposals - publishing

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Tue May 10 13:57:04 UTC 2016

On Tue, 10 May 2016, Jimmy Sjölund wrote:

>> but I kind of like your suggestions renaming the Office category could
>> be renamed to Office and Writing, so worth looking into IMO.
>
> I like Office and Writing. Office sounds so well office like and not anything
> creative or innovative as Ubuntu Studio aim for.

If it wasn't for the non-writing stuff that office has... like spread
sheets and database, I wuld feel ok with renaming office to writing. We
could go Writing and Office, or Writing (Office).

One thing that puzzles me is libre office has "Math" in both Office and
Education. Oh and database doesn't have a menu item at all.

However, my question is do we also want to redo the Office Icon? Then, if
we make Office/writing a new menu item with Icon maybe publishing SW like
Scribus would be more happy there too... though I am not sure if font
management should be writing/publishing or graphics. (it is catagorized as
both)

www.ovenwerks.net