[ubuntu-studio-devel] Audio plugins

lukefromdc at hushmail.com lukefromdc at hushmail.com
Wed May 4 22:23:29 UTC 2016

With a too-high Q in an audio amp but short of oscillation you would get
"ringing" of the frequency in question and greatly increased amplification of
that frequency from the input signal. The level just short of that ringing would
be used by a CW (morse code) user in amateur radio to single out one tone
on a busy frequency with much interference. At RF, a radio receiver works
exactly the same way.  Too high a Q in a radio transmitter or receiver will
cut sidebands and you will get reduced high freqency response.