[ubuntu-studio-devel] Audio plugins

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue May 3 20:54:44 UTC 2016

PS:

Regarding virtual analog devices, I should mention e.g. the Boss Turbo
Overdrive and the Ibanez Blubber, tow devices I own. There are much
better analog devices available, but non of the virtual Linux or even
proprietary emulations of the better devices, reach the amazing sound of
those two analog devices, let alone the sound of the quality of
the devices they claim to emulate. Vintage Hughes & Kettner analog
devices directly connected to a mixer sound better than e.g. the
discontinued Boss Turbo Overdrive, but no emulation of really cult
overdrives + speaker and amp emulation are able to hold candle to even
the Boss Turbo overdrive and similar, even when directly connected to
the mixe, while they are (e.g. Turbo Overdrive) build to connect to an
amp, recorded by a mic.

Special devices, such as the Blubber, a Wah that is more expensive than
a very old original CryBaby on Ebay nowadays, are completely beyond
reach of virtual emulations, either Linux, or proprietary.