[ubuntu-studio-devel] ubuntustudio.org email addresses for team members

Set Hallstrom public at sakrecoer.com
Sun Mar 6 10:29:41 UTC 2016

On 2016-03-04 20:13, WMID wrote:
> I would like to be a member. If yes I want to be

That is great news WMID, have you taken all the steps necessary?
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/JoinTheTeam

You need to understand this is not a free mailbox provided by
ubuntustudio.org. It is a simple email forwarding, administered by
canonical. It is therefor unwise to use it for any personal/private
purpose. It's use is mainly for team members who are involved in PR, and
the team infrastructure itself. It is (not limited but also) used as a
security for the team: if i get run over by a bus, canonical could
change the set at ubuntustudio.org forward to go to zequence instead, so
that anything important communicated to me would not go unnoticed. In
otherword, it wouldn't make any sense to use it for anything non-related
to ubuntustudio.

Communicating to the world in the name of ubuntustudio.org might not be
a complicated task reserved to an "elite" or something exclusive, but it
does come with responsibilities. It becomes important to understand that
we might not be a *club* (http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=club
), but we are a *team* ( http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=team )
volunteering together for a pretty altruistic cause. Hence there is no
room for overlapping the ubuntustudio agenda with a personal one.

Think about it, take the necessary steps to join the team, and lets talk
about it again after that.

Meanwhile, you might want to take a closer look at this:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Membership

Have a great Sunday!

--
Set Sakrecoer