[ubuntu-studio-devel] Alpha & Beta testing

Set Hallstrom public at sakrecoer.com
Tue Jun 28 19:07:32 UTC 2016

Hi Ross,

On 2016-06-28 20:01, Ross Gammon wrote:
> I think the Alphas are more for testing some new feature or major
> change. I am not aware of anything landing that is earth shattering.
> Running the package tracker manual tests
> (http://packages.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/361/builds/117793/testcases)
> on the Yakkety daily build every now and then, to see if the new
> packages synced from Debian have any issues is arguably a more useful a
> task.

Makes sense, thank you :)

> For practise on ISO testing and releasing:-)  we also have:
> Xenial 16.04.1 point release on 21st July
> Trusty 14.04.5 point release on 6th August

Who needs wireless network(?): I was about to ask about these
dot-releases next :) Is there a schedule-wiki-page for these?

> Note: I will not be around on the 21st July, so I hope experience hands
> like Len, Kaj and flocculant can help out if required. Unless we are
> allowed to do it at our own pace?

Your absence might be a good reason to do it at our own pace, but given
the margin i'm sure we can come up with a master-plan to make it happen
while you have a great and relaxed July 21st :)

Yours,
Set