[ubuntu-studio-devel] US Wiki/ help regarding data protection

Set Hallstrom set at ubuntustudio.org
Mon Jun 20 19:22:08 UTC 2016

Thank you Ralf! :)

On 2016-06-20 20:37, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> since list subscribers might be annoyed by a partly off-topic
> thread, I decided to write off-list first, however, after a short
> off-list communication I was ask to provide a template for the Wiki.

I think it is very on-topic. More so since we are revisiting the website
atm.

> IMO writing about safety measures isn't that useful for the Ubuntu
> Studio Wiki/help, but a warning might make sense.

Since we are working on a new website, perhaps it would fit well into a
FAQ, we haven't really spoken about any FAQ, but it might be pertinent.
I'm sure lots of people think that using GNU/Linux will automagicaly
make them safe. But in the same breath, we have to be careful how we put
such text so we do not generate a FUD message.

Your text is short and pertinent, i like it. In the context of a FAQ, i
would put it this way (the same with a slight mod)

Question:
> I am a multimedia activist, will Ubuntu Studio make my data secure?

Answer:

--
Set Sakrecoer

--