[ubuntu-studio-devel] ubuntu-studio-devel Digest, Vol 110, Issue 5

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Jun 14 09:38:07 UTC 2016

On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 10:14:23 +0200, Set Hallstrom wrote:
>On 2016-06-14 10:10, Set Hallstrom wrote:
>> In fact it made me realize that i didn't ask for anything to
>> illustrate the first section of the feature tour, that outlines what
>> U-S is more broadly. That would be the place for the logo as placed
>> in Geirdal's proposals. It would also be a great place for a
>> background that is purely Mandelbrot-based.
>
>Maybe this section is the place to complete the circle, as suggested by
>Ralf?

There's no need to complete the colour circle, but when doing it, the
CoF should remain blue, just the rest of the background should be
green. Another "circle" would be an opening in blue, followed by
category colours and finale category music in blue. To cut the CoF is
ok, but since Set fears the impression of deformation, an idea might be
to display the complete CoF by the opening graphic and to cut the
category icons for the following graphics.

We should remember that the speech of graphic not only is related to
advertising strategy. There is a culture of this language. Many people
don't speak this language, but subliminally they understand much of
this language. Some patterns are universally valid for music and
graphic, such as an opening and finale. We not necessarily use it this
way for art, but for explanations, advertisings etc., it makes sense to
include some layman's terms of art language.

A lot of art is like vogon poetry. Not musterfully breaking with rules
and/or layman's terms, it's just not understandable, because it's
senseless arranged language. This is still ok, if a graphic for thewall
fits to the colour of the sofa, but becomes an issue, when used as an
element of communication.