[ubuntu-studio-devel] Ubuntu Studio policy - Was: Would Ubuntu Studio Team be Interested in Partnering with New England Conservatory?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Jul 10 11:30:11 UTC 2016

On Sun, 10 Jul 2016 06:39:37 -0400, Jimmy Sjölund wrote:
>I will now unsubscribe from the mailing list as well and keep out of
>any further discussions.

Hi,

please allow me to toss in another topic. IOW it's _not_ related to the
team member discussion, but IMO important related to the community
attitude.

The Ubuntu Studio users mailing list [1] needs more experienced
users, with knowledge about default Ubuntu Studio installs.

Since team members have much work with maintaining the flavour, they
are not always fast with providing well founded help, to requests sent
to the users list.

I'm an experienced Linux user, but my installs are tailored Arch and
Ubuntu installs, so I can't help much in terms of Ubuntu Studio default
installs.

By happenstance there is such a request at the moment. I'm sure that
somebody familiar with a default Ubuntu Studio install could help [2].

Now a modest opinion that is related to your discussion, but also
related to the topic regarding the users list.

The OP of the thread "Would Ubuntu Studio Team be Interested in
Partnering with New England Conservatory?" chose the devel list for
good reasons. However, after the clarification about Ubuntu Studio and
Cannonical, moving the thread to the users mailing list, would have been
a good step to guard against misunderstandings and additionally there
would be more traffic at the not that active users mailing list.

Too funny, by accident I send a request first to Ubuntu devel instead
of Ubuntu Studio devel and then I accidentally sent it to Ubuntu Studio
users, instead of Ubuntun Studio devel. Fortunately it fits better to
Ubuntu Studio users, than to the devel list.

Regards,
Ralf

[1]

[2]