[ubuntu-studio-devel] Destktop/Window Manager

set public at sakrecoer.com
Fri Jan 29 14:53:52 UTC 2016

Hi Daniel!

On 2016-01-29 00:00, Daniel M Gessel wrote:
> is there a 25 word reason for not using compiz/Unity?

I can think of one: universal access. I like the idea that ubuntustudio
is operational with very limited resources. After all, most people
living in this word have poor access to state of the art technology. But
in terms of operation and layout i'm open to anything, given i can use a
keyboard and a mouse. A virtual home is like one's home; only you can
make yourself comfortable in it.  :) Sometimes i wonder if XFCE wouldn't
work just fine on a tablet if the buttons were bigger and a virtual
desktop poped up when one taps into text-field or a terminal..? But i
admit having outdated knowledge about finger operated interfaces.

> On 2016-01-29 14:11, Daniel M Gessel wrote:
>> Touch+pen enhancements might be a good project for me - I’ve always
>> wanted to do pen-based interface design and touch is now appealing; I
>> expect I’d have to dive into the whole SW stack (input drivers to
>> applications) - including the window manager - DWM’s simplicity is
>> appealing as a start point.

That is a very cool idea! :)

--
Set Sakrecoer