[ubuntu-studio-devel] feature request and tutorials

ty armour aarmour at cipmail.org
Fri Jan 22 21:50:41 UTC 2016

I am a developer. I am looking to build my own computers and my own planes,
but I am looking for assistance.

I am looking for tutorials on every single aspect of writing an operating
system first off.

Also, if you guys are developers I am looking for tutorials on basically
writing applications like hydrogen bristol rakarrack ardour guitarix lmms
vmpk qsynth, as well as possibly writing digital mixers.

Digital mixers Would be set up to receive input from a guitar and then you
would be able to control volume and digital band pass filters etcetera on
the computer. I think it can be done with audio cards now.

This stuff would help development of ubuntu studio because it would allow
everyone to write code for low latency kernels and stuff like that, and it
would help in the development of audio software too.

also, it should be known that I am looking to get ubuntu studio to run
under CYGWIN. This would prove highly beneficial for recording artists, so
if you know a thing or two about developing CYGWIN also post tutorials on
that. developing cygwin would be like developing an operating system,
although you would have to learn a few things aboud writing dlls in the
process.

The thing about running ubuntu studio as a cygwin application is that you
need ubuntu studio to still be able to acceess and control hardware in the
same way that linux does. Oh it will rock