[ubuntu-studio-devel] Art Team: Ubuntustudio Design Assets questions

lukefromdc at hushmail.com lukefromdc at hushmail.com
Fri Jan 8 07:54:42 UTC 2016

On 1/8/2016 at 2:24 AM, "set" <public at sakrecoer.com> wrote:

>On 2016-01-07 19:38, lukefromdc at hushmail.com wrote:
>> On 1/7/2016 at 2:08 AM, "C. F. Howlett" <cfhowlett at hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Precisely what Ubuntustudio brandmarks, logos or other design
>>> assets are approved for use? Where, exactly, can I find those
>>> approved assets?
>
>> That logo issue differs enough from the rest of the licensing we
>are
>> used to in free software that I replaced it in my
>> "ubuntustudio-legacy" icon set.
>
>lukefromdc: Are you referring to the UbuntuStudio CoF, and if so
>where
>do i find its license?
<snip>

http://design.ubuntu.com/brand/ubuntu-logo

http://www.ubuntu.com/legal/terms-and-policies/intellectual-property-policy

These create plently of uncertainty. Canonical has never bothered me about
using the name "ubuntustudio-legacy" for themes based on what UbuntuStudio
used to use in the 2007-2010 era but I still wonder if they should be renamed.
Ubuntu's "circle of friends" is trademarked, in the list of Ubuntu derived names
UbuntuStudio does not appear but anything based on "buntu" does. Not sure
what that means for the varients of the Circle of Friends not associated with
the listed offical trademarked words/versions
 UBUNTU, KUBUNTU,EDUBUNTU,XUBUNTU,JUJU, and LANDSCAPE