[ubuntu-studio-devel] last minute uploads

Kaj Ailomaa zequence at mousike.me
Wed Feb 24 17:35:36 UTC 2016

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016, at 05:50 PM, set wrote:
> On 2016-02-24 12:29, Kaj Ailomaa wrote:
> > Just uploaded ubuntustudio-default-settings, fixing our whiskers icon
> > and ubuntustudio-look with the new wallpapers.
>
> So, this was the last day we can make changes to the ubuntustudio-look?
> I've been feeling a bit confused since last week regarding the FF, the
> different tests and deadlines, and not having the time to bring my
> questions up i've gotten a bit deeper in my confusion.

No, not at all. We can make changes all the way up until final release.
Feature Freeze means no added functionality to Ubuntu as a whole. So,
applications should not add new functionality, but you may still be
working on the UI for them. And, that's why UI freeze happens somewhat
later. Things like desktop look is a part of that too. And we are not at
UI freeze yet.
I simply wanted to upload latest changes so that people get the chance
to try it out for the Beta 1 release, since probably many will be
testing it.

Also, much of our stuff is only in our ISO. Therefore, we won't have
much problem with uploading our packages up until Final Freeze. After
that, I really need to poke someone in order to get an upload through,
and I would only do that to fix something critical.

> However, in the task of thinkiering about the tightening up of the
> desktop-look, i stumbled upon these icons that match our workflow icons
> very well: http://snwh.org/moka/icons
> They have a launchpad, and the license they use seems to be ok for our
> use. Although i'm sure they would like to be informed, and of course,
> the team needs to wight in on wether or not they are
> suitable/good-looking enough... But the question i mean to ask is: Would
> it still be possible to include this icon-set, given we get some time to
> discuss it? Or should that be for next release?

I do think we should consider all options now as far as the look goes.

> > I won't have time to finish enough of -controls to get it up also, so
> > that will have to wait until after Beta 1. Is there anything else that
> > needs to be done before the Beta tomorrow? The archive may be frozen any
> > second now, in fact.
> >

> That would be the final beta right? Ross linked to this excellent page
> of the wiki you wrote zequence:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/Testing/ISOTesting

I should have something finished by next week. I don't have more time
than that do work on it, anyway. I really just want to add something
more to it, making it more useful. Unfortunately, I will have to do that
after Feature Freeze (which is in effect). Would have been better to get
that stuff in well before, but this is how it is.

btw, just before a release, such as the Beta1, uploads have to be
stopped so that no one accidentally breaks everyones ISO. That is not a
part of Feature Freeze, when I was talking about archive freeze before.