[ubuntu-studio-devel] last minute uploads

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Feb 24 14:31:39 UTC 2016

On Wed, 24 Feb 2016 12:29:19 +0100, Kaj Ailomaa wrote:
>Is there anything else that needs to be done before the Beta tomorrow?
>The archive may be frozen any second now, in fact.

Hi,

you could do inexperienced Linux users a favour by providing a version
of JACK2 that can be used with Ardour. I suspect that many users will
download up-to-date pre-build Ardour versions from upstream instead of
using packages from their distros. It's even questionable if the
version of Ardour provided by Ubuntu will work. Some audio cards can
not be used with ALSA [1], they require using JACK, but when using
JACK2 it requires a build from git to work with Ardour [2]. IMO there
are too many pitfalls for newbies to build and maintain JACK from git
on their own.

Regards,
Ralf

[1]