[ubuntu-studio-devel] Application Testing for Ubuntu Studio Xenial 16.04

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Feb 23 16:06:06 UTC 2016

On Tue, 23 Feb 2016 10:42:58 -0500, lukefromdc at hushmail.com wrote:
>Kdenlive is STILL version 15.08, which is a buggy mess as well as
>being old. if that gets to release, anyone wanting to do a complex
>video in Xenial will need to install from PPA or source. Version 15.08
>is OK for simple stuff but gets things like compositing transitions
>that move on their own and crashes.

I had a flame war about the Ubuntu bug tracker and the related
tools (and not only about this Ubuntu crap) and decided not to
contribute to anything Ubuntu related anymore, but I still will help
users, however, consider to file a bug report, since inexperienced
Linux users shouldn't suffer from Ubuntu and Ubuntu flavour crap.

"stable: 0.9.10-2
testing: 15.12.2-1
unstable: 15.12.2-1" - https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/kdenlive

I guess you need to report it to the "Ubuntu" and not the "Ubuntu
Studio" bug tracker.

This might save you some time, assumed you removed all Ubuntu spyware
too:

Begin forwarded message: