[ubuntu-studio-devel] ubuntu-studio-devel Digest, Vol 106, Issue 15

Kaj Ailomaa zequence at mousike.me
Wed Feb 17 19:39:55 UTC 2016

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016, at 01:48 PM, Jimmy Sjölund wrote:

> On 17 February 2016 13:11:28 +01:00, C. F. Howlett
> <cfhowlett at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Perhaps it would an opportune moment for our very own team to supply a
> > new design?? It *has* been awhile and this will an LTS ...
> >
> > Absolutely. That was a previous goal for 16.04, but I'm hesitant if there is enough time left to pull it off. Rather than to create something quick that might not "hold its standard" until the next LTS.

I have an idea, which I do think we should be able to get done. It's
pretty simple, and symbolic. It should not be hard to make it look good.

These are some possible elements of the image that we could develop
together:

* Incorporate the CoF somehow
* A fairly dark and neutral background color.
* Three fuzzy lights, like stage lights, each one representing a main
category (blue for audio, but the exact colors for graphics and video
need to be reevaluated).
* Visual elements from the kind of digital tools we provide, like
sequencer graphics (not a real sequencer, but a simple design), 3D model
fundamentals, a photograph, that sort of thing

We then use the material to create the wallpaper, artwork for our
website, social channels and for our merchandise.

Everyone could contribute with specific elements to the whole. Someone
should be responsible for putting it all together, with feedback from
others (I could do initial work for this, but then someone more suitable
should finish it).

Does this seem sensible? Would this work?