[ubuntu-studio-devel] Default Wallpaper, WAS:Re: ART TEAM ALERT! 16.04 Wallpaper Contest has been decided.

lukefromdc at hushmail.com lukefromdc at hushmail.com
Wed Feb 17 18:36:24 UTC 2016

"Found on the Internet" could be those bastards at Getty Images, who
would get a lot of free publicity for their extortion letters from a well
publicized even though failed demand letter against Canonical.

Don't use unknown source images unless everyone involved is OK with
standing up to extortionists. Getty doesn't sue, they just send extortion
letters. One of my websites warns them of $10,000 liquidated damages
for every access to it in TOS that forbid their "picscout" bot from scraping
it, thus putting their demand letters in reverse gear.