[ubuntu-studio-devel] Testing - Ubuntu Studio Yakkety 16.10 coming soon!

Ross Gammon rosco at ubuntustudio.org
Sun Aug 21 15:37:08 UTC 2016

Hi All,

We are just coming up to the busy period now, on the approach to the
release of Ubuntu Studio Yakkety.

So if you would like to help out, please dust off that old PC you have
laying about, or that spare external disk, and download the latest daily
Yakkety ISO so that you are ready to go when the time comes.

I am told that the latest ISO is not working, but it is still a good
idea to download it, and then you can use zsync to update to the latest
ISO (instead of a complete new download) once it is successfully
rebuilt. The latest Yakkety dailies can be found here:
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/360/builds
Click on either the amd64 link, or the i386 one, for Ubuntu Studio.
There you will find three installation Test Cases, and a link to the
download information.

Sing out on the "-devel" list or IRC if you need help.

Note: Please don't install anything on a machine with stuff you don't
want to lose! We don't want any tears.

Thursday August 25th - Yakkety Beta 1
-------------------------------------

In the days leading up to the Beta 1 release, a link for "Yakkety Beta
1" will appear on this page:
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker
This is the time to zsync to the latest ISO, and begin running the 3
installation tests, and reporting your findings, good or bad. Don't be
scared to file a bug. They can always be closed.

Be aware that if serious bugs are found, there might be a rebuild of the
ISO triggered, and we will have to run the tests again.

It is important that we have as many testers as possible, and find as
may bugs as possible, so that we have time to try and fix them before
the release in October.

Application Testing
-------------------

In addition to the installation tests above, we also need to
continuously test our main Ubuntu Studio applications. Once you have a
working Yakkety development release installation, go to our package
tracker and run a few of our 20 manual test cases:
http://packages.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/361/builds/117793/testcases

These test cases just give you the steps to gently check that the
applications still run without crashing. If you know the program, you
are of course welcome to "kick the tyres" a bit harder!

End
---

Thanks for reading this far :-)

Please get stuck into the testing and help make Yakkety a great release.
If you would like some personal satisfaction along the way, see if you
can become a top tester:
http://packages.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/reports/testers

Regards,

Ross Gammon