[ubuntu-studio-devel] Petri-foo

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Sat Aug 20 13:49:49 UTC 2016

On Sat, 20 Aug 2016, brian at linuxsynths.com wrote:

> I have the latest version (Xenial) of Petri-foo installed on my 32-bit laptop
> with Ubuntu Studio (15.10 recently updated to 16.04).  Unfortunately I can't get
> it running, I get a core dumped message.
>
> Anyone able to help with this?

First question, is jack running?

Petri-foo does does start for me correctly. (16.04 i5 MB video, 64bit)

Plays notes, does not seem to use much memeory or cpu.

You might try running on the same machine from the live ISO to see if it
is:
 	a) machine related (crashes on ISO live session)
 	b) upgrade related (crashes with new user in audio group)
 	c) user setup related (doesn't crash with new user in audio group)

Also try sampleV1. (not sure if that is as capable as petri-foo)

(Len is not a sample person... or synth in general)

www.ovenwerks.net