[ubuntu-studio-devel] Please help testing ardour5 for yakkety

Kaj Ailomaa zequence at mousike.me
Fri Aug 19 07:10:49 UTC 2016

# Help testing

ardour was recently updated to v5. The package was updated just before
Debian Import Freeze, and had at least one problem - which now is fixed,
but not yet uploaded. There may be other problems. So, I'm asking for
help with testing ardour and making sure we don't release a half
finished package for yakkety.

# Installing the latest ardour

Currently, you may only find the latest package in one of our testing
PPAs. To add the PPA, do:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntustudio-dev/dev-testing

You may test on either yakkety, or xenial (xenial package is currently
building, but may fail). In both cases, just add the PPA,  do a system
upgrade, and start testing ardour.

If xenial fails, and you don't have yakkety, here are some options:

* Install Ubuntu Studio from a mini iso (will not add RT settings - use
ubuntustudio-controls for that)
  * 64bit
  http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/yakkety/main/installer-amd64/current/images/netboot/mini.iso
  * 32bit
  http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/yakkety/main/installer-i386/current/images/netboot/mini.iso
* Do a full upgrade from xenial to yakkety with the command 'sudo
do-release-upgrade -d', then add the PPA and install/upgrade ardour
* In xenial, change xenial to yakkety in /etc/apt/sources.list, add the
PPA, then install ardour (will mess up your system somewhat - so don't
do this if you plan on using it further, but should be ok for testing
ardour)

# Running ardour

If all else fails, run it from the terminal with the command 'ardour5'

# Reporting bugs

To report a bug, get yourself a launchpad account, if you haven't
already. Then, from your system, run the command:

ubuntu-bug ardour