[ubuntu-studio-devel] Ardour5 bug probably causing build failure - WAS:Re: Ardour 5 just landed in debian

Kaj Ailomaa zequence at mousike.me
Fri Aug 19 06:09:11 UTC 2016

On Wed, Aug 17, 2016, at 10:45 PM, Kaj Ailomaa wrote:
>  > Just checked the error log, and it seems ardour5 is what is causing the
> > build failure. I will remove it from our meta and do a bug report for
> > it. Once the bug is fixed, it can be readded.
> >
> > This could be the cause. We had a talk about it on IRC as well.
> > https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=834488
> >
> > I will try and see if I can commit a fix to Debian source today, and ask
> > for an upload (both in Debian, and Ubuntu). Won't have much time the
> > rest of the week for this though.
> >

> Was only able to report a bug and upload a new meta. Will try to find
> some time tomorrow again.

I've pushed the tiny change needed to fix the bug to the Debian git repo
for ardour. There may be other issues though (since the package is still
so young), so I think it would be wise to test it before the Beta 1.
Otherwise, we risc releasing a half finished package.

I've uploaded the ardour source to:
  ppa:ubuntustudio-dev/dev-testing

Will take a while to build. Will do a new post asking for testers once
it's ready.