[ubuntu-studio-devel] Hellotux shop

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Aug 11 16:37:33 UTC 2016

On Thu, 11 Aug 2016 15:42:37 +0200, ttoine wrote:
>@ralf: Your point of view is extreme. This is not the point of view we
>should expect from an Ubuntu Studio enthusiast, and from an open source
>enthusiast in general (and trust me, I know what I am telling here).

Who are we? For whom are you speaking? I pointed out valid arguments.
There quasi is no difference between an announcement and an
advertisement. It already could become borderline to announce hardware
and software related news, about projects with financial interests, but
we shouldn't be more royalist than the king. Anyway, clothes have less
to do with the project at all.

>Question: would you wear some Ubuntu Studio swag at an open source
>conference???

It's completely irrelevant, if I would do or not.

On Thu, 11 Aug 2016 16:50:00 +0200, Thomas Pfundt wrote:
>Ralf, could be an internal developer for "WhiteOS", the KKK exclusive
>operating system. I have no evidence in favour or against this at hand,
>whatsoever. ;)

That's correct, but you will not announce my business on the Ubuntu
website or a social media used by Ubuntu Studio.

If Ubuntu Studio does list artists and developers who contribute to
Ubuntu Studio and/or use it, the basic convictions of them are(more or
less) unimportant, unless they obviously offend the Ubuntu policy or
laws of free nations. This kind of anonymity is part of the FLOSS
attitude. If a company is selling clothes with the COF, then they are
free to do so, but it's questionable to announce this by an official
Ubuntu Studio channel.

Regards,
Ralf