[ubuntu-studio-devel] Shimmer and Numix

Ross Gammon rosco at ubuntustudio.org
Wed Aug 10 15:24:40 UTC 2016

Aah, I think I misunderstood the original discussion. I thought it was
about moving to the same theme as xubuntu and tweaking some settings in
the defualt-setting package. No need to package anything.

Are we sure about this? I thought we could get numix from the
shimmer-themes source package:
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/shimmer-themes
At least the gtk-themes are there. But then, as I wrote before, I have
never really fiddled with themes very much.

On 08/07/2016 01:09 PM, Set Hallstrom wrote:
> lol, my bad. my settings in the mailing list doesn't send me copies if
> i'm already among the recipients, and my mobil client requires a click
> to show the full recipient list :D
>
> let me add i was very happy to find your email this morning :) it would
> be so awesome to have a customized theme!
>
> Krytarik suggested we look into how to package it for debian, so that
> more distros can benefit from it. What do you guys think? Ross, could
> you help/guide Jonathan on this one?

Packaging something from scratch and getting it uploaded into either
Debian or Ubuntu (preferably Debian) is not something that will happen
very fast. Probably better to aim for 17.04.

Are you talking about this software?:
https://answers.launchpad.net/~numix/+archive/ubuntu/ppa
And if so, which of the packages are we after. If it is in a ppa, it
does at least have some basic packaging we can start with.

Of course I am happy to mentor Jonathan. I am very patchy with
availability, so it would be better to do it here on the list. Then
others can learn at the same time.

Cheers,

Ross