[ubuntu-studio-devel] Hellotux shop

Set Hallstrom set at ubuntustudio.org
Wed Aug 3 13:54:24 UTC 2016

tisdagen den 2:e augusti 2016 kl. 18:14:11 CEST, Len Ovens
<len at ovenwerks.net> skrev:
> On Tue, 2 Aug 2016, ttoine wrote:
>
>> Hello guys,
>> I have an inquiry of the Hellotux shop team to have the right
>> to sell shirt with
>> embroidered Ubuntu Studio logo. It is possible with the
>> license I have, if we do
>> not take any profit from it (like Spreadshirt). And if they
>> take the minimum
>> benefit too.
>> https://www.hellotux.com/
>>
>> They agree with that.
>>
>> So now, I can give them the authorisation, however I would
>> like to have your
>> opinion on that.
>>
>> What do you think?
>
> It is no different from a printed T in my opinion. It is just another
> option for buyers. I don't know how many items get sold now, but these are
> all one off places so it really doesn't matter.
>
> So that would be a yes from me.
>
> --
> Len Ovens
> www.ovenwerks.net

Afaik, the brand is owned by canonical. It looks like a nice company and i
agree with Len. I would however ask hellotux to reach out to canonical to
double check with them since i'm not 100% sure our team has any authority
to grant commercial use of the branding.

*set

--
Set Hallström
Sent from my Ubuntu pocket computer