[ubuntu-studio-devel] Announcing new project leader for Ubuntu Studio

Ross Gammon ubuntu at the-gammons.net
Sat Apr 23 12:22:30 UTC 2016

Hi Kaj,

On 04/20/2016 03:36 AM, Kaj Ailomaa wrote:

[...]

> But, yes, it is quite a thriving community after all!
>
> I will not be disappearing after Thursday, by any means.

[...]

I would like to publicly thank you for all the work you've done to make
Ubuntu Studio a great install for creative types. It is only recently
that I have committed to getting a bit more involved in Ubuntu Studio,
and have started to see what it actually takes (especially when the rest
of the team has briefly gone AWOL for whatever reason).

You made me feel very welcome when I joined the team, have always been
the voice of reason whenever there was a minor conflict, and have always
guided us to the pragmatic solution along the way. You and your
predecessors have left an excellent legacy and base for Set to carry on
and steer in his own way.

It is great to hear that you will still be around, especially to help
settle Set into his new role. At least now you can contribute where you
fancy (time permitting), knowing that there are others to keep things
moving along.

Regards,

Ross