[ubuntu-studio-devel] One week until xenial final relase, please help testing

Kaj Ailomaa zequence at mousike.me
Fri Apr 15 15:47:06 UTC 2016

On Fri, Apr 15, 2016, at 05:43 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Apr 2016 17:33:36 +0200, Kaj Ailomaa wrote:
> >On Fri, Apr 15, 2016, at 05:21 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> >> IMHO nobody should use 'ubuntu-bug ardour' as suggested by Kaj, but
> >> using a browser and logging in and reporting bugs is a good idea, in
> >> addition post links to the list.
> >>

> >Let's just make it clear that this is Ralfs personal opinion, and he is
> >not a Ubuntu Studio developer.
> >
> >We, the Ubuntu Studio developers would like you to report the bug using
> >ubuntu-bug.
>
> But the OP should care what is send by this command line tool, most
> likely the OP dislike to send credit card information and passwords.
> Regarding Ardour, for Ubuntu/Debian compiled without phone home, there
> unlikely is a risk, but in general, this tool is bad, since log files
> could contain private data that isn't needed for a bug report.

And if you find any such bad data, won't you let us know? Because, then
we would not suggest for people to use ubuntu-bug. Alright?

The data can be pretty meaningful when trying to estimate what kind of
variables are in question for the person reporting the bug. Such as -
which release, which kernel, and so on. So, nothing dangerous. But,
again, if you can prove me wrong, please do. Otherwise, try not to
confuse people, please.